เลือกภาษา/Select a Language
The highest priority in social work is the well-being and servicing the needs of recipients & the the group concerned. From the initial process of consultation until the final stage of service, which is to return the children to their families and communities, their social wellbeing will always come first. In order to do this, our services are…
- To offer individualized counsel in order to reduce stress of the parties involved either via telephone or in person.
Family welfare services are divided into...
- Children Welfare services: to help children that live with foster families. Funding allocated to the family is 1000 Baht per month.
- Welfare service: allocated for scholarships for children from poor families who live in nearby communities.
These are the three guidelines for bringing children into the orphanage:
- After being notified, the child is picked up directly by staff.
- The child is brought in directly by a parent or by a third party
- To adopt through working with government agencies or private organizations.
- Seeking and examining the facts will be carried out by the social worker in person or in coordination with various agencies instead. We seek to gather and collect truthful information in order to help the child and family work out the problems.
- Assessment and planning assistance are the best and most effective steps of helping correct the problems and meet the needs of children and their families. This includes sending the child for physical, mental and emotional rehabilitation, developmental activities/ stimulating development and having a personalized development plan .
- To prepare the child to return to society, the orphanage will prepare the child with social and life skills. This may include family members and caregivers, building relationships and bonding with the child in the form of activities and various projects.
The guidelines to return the child to society are:
- Returning the child to their original family.
- Sending the child to a foster family.
Sending the child to another government agency.
Before the child goes to live with the foster family, the orphanage provides a process to prepare the child and family by building relationships and preparing the emotional state of both child and family. This is done by specially-trained personnel from the orphanage who provide counsel about raising children.
Families are monitored and evaluated in three categories:
- Families who care for the child themselves.
- Families who bring the child back but are considered to still be a potential risk to the child’s wellbeing.
- Families who need to be evaluated by agencies in the Department of Social Development and Welfare or NGOs.
The reason for finding foster families for the orphans is to provide the love and warmth of a home, iso as to help with the proper development of a child according to their age. The orphanage fully realizes the importance of the family, community and institution involved in caring for the child suffering from social problems. Hence, an adoption program where the child can have a chance to live in a warm and loving family. There are three aspects of this:
- Families that support
Finding families that are able or wish to provide a child with financial support and education while waiting to be adopted
- Foster family
Finding foster parents for the children to be able to live and experience the warmth of a family.
- Family benefactor
Finding families for the child to learn how to live with others in a society. This is done in:
- Nikom Sang Ton Aeng Tung Po Talay, Kampangpet Province
- Rural Life Development Foundation, by Kruea Jaren Pokpun, Lamplaimat District, Buri Ram province